Microsoft & ReGeneration join forces once again to foster upskilling in digital skills
for youth across Greece
“The ReGeneration Initiative: Upskilling Greek Youth for the Digital Era powered by Microsoft” is the largest digital literacy program in Greece and is implemented under the auspices of the Hellenic Ministry of Digital Government
ATHENS, GREECE – Microsoft Greece, Cyprus & Malta and ReGeneration announce the launch of the educational program “The ReGeneration Initiative: Upskilling Greek Youth for the Digital Era powered by Microsoft,” implemented in the framework of the “GR for Growth” initiative. The educational program aims at up/reskilling new professionals in digital skills necessary for the future of work.
Under the auspices of the Hellenic Ministry of Digital Governance, the initiative is aimed at young graduates up to 35 years old, from all over Greece and from any academic background, while it is expected to provide 1,000 beneficiaries with about 20,000 hours of training in soft and digital skills (eg. office automation, mobile apps, information systems, data visualization, cloud technologies, digital marketing, UI/UX, etc.), with the goal of reskilling participants with necessary skills that serve as a powerful resource for the modern job market.
The “ReGeneration Initiative: Upskilling Greek Youth for the Digital Era powered by Microsoft” has been designed by ReGeneration and Microsoft, with the guidance of Code.Hub and the academic support of the Athens Tech College and consists of four focuses :
● ICT Tools & Professional Skills in the Digital Age
● Information Systems for Business Administration & Technology Projects
● Digital Literacy for an Interconnected World
● Digital Transformation Tools & Processes for Business Development
The application period has already opened and will close on Monday, December 6th 2021 at 14:00, while those interested can register at the following link: https://dev-site.regeneration.gr/regen-academy/upskilling-greek-youth-for- the-digital-era-powered-by-microsoft
Microsoft & ReGeneration
Microsoft’s partnership with ReGeneration began in 2020 in support of one of Microsoft’s GR for Growth initiative’s key pillars, through which the company committed to educating 100,000 public and private sector professionals as well as students, with the ultimate goal of the digital transformation of public and private organizations within the next five years.
DiGiYouth Initiative is the result of this partnership, which creates opportunities for the learning and development of new skills (up/reskilling) for new graduates, training them in the most sought-after digital skills supporting their professional goals, and placing them in key positions in the labor market.
● The first part of the initiative (DiGiYouth I) included 2 Academies in innovative and sought-after areas of Technology:
- ” ReGeneration Academy on Cloud Tools & Technology powered by Microsoft,” which was completed with the recruitment rate reaching 100%
- and ” ReGeneration Academy on Big Data & Artificial Intelligence powered by Microsoft,” with the corresponding percentage reaching 70%, while the recruitment process is in progress.
● The second part (DiGiYouth II) includes 3 Academies, of which the first ReGeneration Academy exclusively for new graduates (“ReGeneration Academy 4Women in Tech – Project Management powered by Microsoft “) was completed in the Spring of 2021, having trained 33 new professionals in tech-related project management, while the recruitment process in progress. Meanwhile, participants of the two remaining DiGiYouth Initiative II Academies ” ReGeneration Academy on Cloud Tools & Technology powered by Microsoft vol. 2” and “ReGeneration Academy on Big Data & Artificial Intelligence powered by Microsoft vol. 2” are currently in the training stage, and are expected to complete the program by the end of December.
It is worth noting that of the three completed Academies in collaboration with Microsoft, a total of 88 young people have been trained, 50 of which have been placed in 46 companies in 18 different industries, taking on roles such as Automation Developer, Digital Operations Specialist, Junior Energy Supply Analyst, Junior Fullstack Developer, Management Consulting Associate, and Software Engineer.
Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @Microsoft) is activating the digital transformation for an era of smart cloud and smart Microsoft Edge. Its mission is to empower every human being and every organism on the planet to achieve more.
With a vision to democratize post-university education and career opportunities for young graduates in our country, ReGeneration is the largest employment and training program in Greece. An initiative of the Global Shapers Athens Hub and World Economic Forum, ReGeneration was created with the goal of contributing to youth employment, bridging the skills gap, and combating “brain drain.” The program addresses talented young graduates (up to 29 years old) in a range of specialties with 0 – 3 years of work experience, who strive to stand out as young professionals in Greece.
ReGeneration offers participants 6 months (minimum) paid employment at multinational companies and SMEs in Greece, and 32 hours of training with a focus on personal and professional development as well as mentoring opportunities with renowned market executives. In addition, ReGeneration Academy has offered new skills training in the latest technologies and industries facing a shortage of professional talent (ie. Digital Marketing, Data Science, AI, Coding, Supply Chain, Hospitality, AgriFood, Customer Experience). As part of the program, participants also complete 25 volunteer hours supporting select NGOs, for a total of 17,700 volunteer hours.
To date, ReGeneration has helped place over 2,500 young graduates in roles at over 820 participating companies nationwide, and has, through its various programs, offered 520,000 hours of training in soft and digital skills. In addition, some 92% of participants’ contracts are extended beyond the 6-month minimum paid employment, while it is estimated that salaries of young graduates placed through the ReGeneration program thus far have amounted to some 16 million euros.
Regeneration is a non-profit program and is supported by: Coca-Cola, The Coca-Cola Foundation, The Hellenic Initiative and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation . Selected partners, who offer the services, the necessary know-how and the resources so that the program can work perfectly at every stage, are Arctic Shores, ethelon, Job-Pairs, Mindshare, OTE Academy and RSM .
|For more information, please contact:|
Communication & Philanthropies Director Greece, Cyprus & Malta
Mobile +30 6970432465
|For more information, please contact:|
Account Manager, Ogilvy PR & Influence
Mobile +30 6947825098 Vassilis.firstname.lastname@example.org